Excited about your camping trip? Well, that’s natural! The rush of spending the night under the stars can feel exhilarating. But, you have to be prepared. Have you got all your supplies in order? Good! But, wait! You must not have thought of packing a tarp! Have we guessed correctly? Most probably yes!
So, why pack a tarp for your camping trip? You have already packed a tent! Well, there are many uses of a tarp on a camping trip. Most of these uses are unknown to even the most experienced campers. So, we are here to help you understand the importance of the humble tarp!
How can a Tarp be Useful on a Camping Trip?
Tarp is one of the most versatile camping equipment that people have forgotten about! What is a tarp, you ask? Well, read all about the fantastic tarp at Wikipedia! It is often called a tarpaulin, by many! Companies like Lion Trading GB Ltd, have a huge collection of tarps, find yours today!
Now, coming back to its uses! Here are a few of uses of the humble tarp or tarpaulin:
- You are inside the tent and it rained the night before, or worse, it rains on the night you are camping out! The soggy and wet ground is not a pleasant feeling even under your sleeping bag. Use the tarp to protect the bottom of your tent. It can also reduce the chances of injuries from sticks and stones under your tent!
- Rain is not good for tents, even if they are waterproof! Hang a tarp above your tent, between two branches and you, are set for the rainy night!
- Vehicles are prone to rain attack! If water enters the engine, then forget about getting back to civilization! Use a large tarp to cover the vehicle.
- Your tent in low quality and you fail to put up the tent! Do you want to sleep under the stars (on a rainy night)? No, it is not a good idea. The tarp can be useful to create a makeshift shelter. All you need is some branches and voila, you have a makeshift shelter. If you have some rope, then you can even build a tent with the tarp!
- Want to have a picnic at your camping site? Where do you get a tablecloth to spread for the feast? No worries just lay out a tarp! It can be easily cleaned, so you need not worry about stains as well. Is it a windy day at the campsite? Might tent blow away? Well, use a tarp! Tie a tarp from all four sides and use it to block out the wind. Thus, The same technique can be used at night to keep your campfire ablaze!
- You are out in a wood that is infested with predators. Do you think a tent on the ground is a good idea? Definitely, not! A tarp could be useful in such circumstances. Use the tarp to build a hammock between two trees a little high above the ground. Spend a night under the stars (of course if it does not rain) and have a good night’s sleep.
- Create fun activities at the campsite with a tarp! How about a slip and slide? This can work only if your campsite has an elevation near it. If it has, let the fun begin!
- Dry firewood is essential for camping! Even if it does not rain, moisture can ruin the firewood. So, use a tarp as a cover for all your firewood, to protect it against moisture and surprise showers.
- The sun can shine upon you with all its force, making it an unpleasant experience. So, Use the tarps to create a makeshift roof for shelter from the sunrays!
Whoa! Who knew, something like a simple tarp can be so useful, right? Now, you are all set to start your camping trip! Get packing and do not forget to pack your trusty tarp(s), it is always a good idea to carry more than one.